Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pet Peeve

This is anal I know but I cannot stand that Nutri System commercial with Marie Osmond. She has the nerve to go on about how affordable it is and she's a single mom with 8 kids to put through college. As a single mother who does not get child support I'm offended by her insinuation that it will be a struggle for her to pay for her children's college. She's an Osmond, please!! She has no idea what it is to struggle to raise a child on a single income with no support and to have worries about how you will pay for college, clothes, extra curricular activities, drivers ed classes ($400 can you believe that crap?), car insurance and a million other things. That commercial really pisses me off and it's a slap in the face to real single mothers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually assumed she took that gig because she needed the money. I'm not sure an Osmond family member has seen much coin since the late 70's.