Monday, January 14, 2008

OMG could it really be true???

The prayers of students across north Georgia hoping for a snow day may be answered this week.The National Weather Service updated their forecast Monday afternoon and said rain or snow is likely for Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Forsyth, Gwinnett, Henry, Rockdale, and Fulton Counties late Wednesday and early Thursday morning.The same forecast called for heavy accumulation of snow in Rabun County.The first part of the formula, cold temperatures, will settle over the area Wednesday afternoon.That will be followed by precipitation moving into Georgia from the Gulf. If temperatures are cold enough the mix could be just right for snow or ice."It could be kind of interesting, especially for the mountains. We'll be watching this closely," said Karen Minton WSB-TV Channel 2 meteorologist.If snow or ice does fall Wednesday night, it's expected to turn to rain on Thursday.

Trust me I am not holding my breath on this LOL. But hey it is nice to see that they are calling for it... Hey Jo... I think the farmers might have actually gotten it right on this one LOL. I can't remember what week they had off hand but it was around this time.

2 comments:

joanne said...

I really hope you get some snow Vic, I know your kids would LOVE it! I think it's just going to be very cold here, we're right on the line fr snow and freezing rain, and I think it's leanig more towards the rain. The hell with the kids, mama needs a snow day too!

joanne said...

So what's the forecast saying? Snow or rain for today/tomorrow?